Myotherapy & Massage
Massage aims to improve mobility, restore function and reduce pain. Massage is applied in the preventative, corrective and rehabilitative phases of therapy. It aims to restore and maintain the normal integrity of muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Benefits of massage include;
- Increases muscle flexibility and mobility by reducing abnormal muscle tightness
- Improves healing time of an injured muscle by increasing the blood flow and improving tissue alignment
- Reduces the strain, discomfort and stiffness sometimes associated with physical exercise
- Enhances movement and muscular strength by increasing the efficiency of muscles
- Helps to reduce recurrent or chronic pain
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding massage at Inform Physiotherapy.
Pre and Postnatal massage
Renee offers pre and postnatal massage at Inform Physiotherapy. Renee draws on a wide range of skills, knowledge and experiences; including time spent in some of Melbourne’s leading maternity hospitals. A supportive pregnancy mat is used on our tables enabling you to lay on your belly- a true luxury.
Pre and post-natal massage has many positive aspects for you and your baby including;
- Emotional relief to help relax the mothers body and in turn the baby
- Physical improvement for muscular pain and imbalance
- Maintain circulation, preventing swelling both pre and post-natally
- Induction of labour (after your due date) through the use of specific acupressure points, aromatherapy, and the release of the sacrum and pelvic area creating space for the birth of the baby.
Rebates are available under Myotherapy & Remedial massage with your Private Health Insurance.